At Singhania University, we place a major emphasis on maintaining confidentiality of Client information and Information Security Management. The following are key features of our Confidentiality Agreement, applicable to all our clients.
It is understood and agreed to that an Singhania University Client may provide certain information that is and must be kept confidential. To ensure the protection of such information, and to preserve any confidentiality necessary under patent and/or trade secret laws, it is agreed that:
1. The Confidential Information to be disclosed can be described as and includes Invention description(s), technical and business information relating to proprietary ideas and inventions, ideas, patentable ideas, trade secrets, drawings and/or illustrations, patent searches, existing and/or contemplated products and services, research and development, production, costs, profit and margin information, finances and financial projections, customers, clients, marketing, and current or future business plans and models, regardless of whether such information is designated as “Confidential Information” at the time of its disclosure.
2. Singhania University shall limit disclosure of Confidential Information within its own organization and the University in which the student has taken admission to its directors, officers, partners, members, employees and/or university officials (collectively referred to as “affiliates”) having a need to know. Singhania University and affiliates will not disclose the confidential information obtained from the discloser unless required to do so by law.
3. This Agreement imposes no obligation upon Singhania University with respect to any Confidential Information (a) that was in Singhania University possession before receipt from Singhania University Client; (b) is or becomes a matter of public knowledge through no fault of Singhania University; (c) is rightfully received by Singhania University from a third party not owing a duty of confidentiality to the Singhania University Client; (d) is disclosed without a duty of confidentiality to a third party by, or with the authorization of Singhania University; (e) is public knowledge or the information is available in public domain; or (f) is independently derived by Singhania University.
4. This Agreement states the entire agreement between Singhania University and Singhania University Client concerning the disclosure of Confidential Information. Any addition or modification to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by the parties.
5. If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Agreement as a whole.